Winning Blackjack Tips
- Cultivating a strategic thought process when playing Blackjack
- A fundamental approach to Doubling in Blackjack
Unlike games like slots, Blackjack is a game of skill, and the quality of your strategy and the implementation thereof goes a long way to helping you win the bets you make.
However there are also a number of other factors that may increase your chances of winning, so we have compiled the best of both of these aspects into our Winning Blackjack tips list:
- Before you play for at a casino at any time determine your Bankroll, thinking of this as money you can afford to lose and ensure that you stick to this so that you don't get yourself into trouble by playing with money you don't have to spend on entertainment.
- Blackjack is for the most part a game of skill. The best way to develop this skill is to practice, and you can do this in the "Free Play" mode at most online casinos before you play for real money.
- Many casinos offer sign up bonuses but check on the wagering requirements to establish what percentage of the these blackjack accounts for as this is very low at some casinos.
- As mentioned when discussing blackjack variations, each game has a different house edge, and you should examine the odds of each game at each casino you play at in order to ensure that you play the variations with the lowest house edge.
- Also remember that rules differ from game to game and casino to casino, so read these before playing and don't just assume that they will be the same as other casinos produced by a specific software developer. Variations can and do occur.
- As a rule of thumb, select a blackjack table where the maximum betting limit is no higher than 5% of your bankroll, this ensures that you lose less and extend your game play time, rather than just playing one or two hands and having to call it a day. This way you will also increase your chances of winning.
- Basic Blackjack Strategy is very important and you should always memorise it based on cards supplied by the casinos, and apply it during your game play. Do not deviate from strategy based on "feelings", these have often been known to be wrong.
- The object of the game of blackjack is to reach a total card value of 21, or get as close to it as possible. Never attempt to copy or beat the dealer because you think he/she is well trained, in doing this you will find that you bust more often than you win.
- Ensure that you Split pairs of Aces and 8's, but avoid splitting Face Cards and 10's.
- Understand all of the rules as well as when to hit and stand. General consensus notes that you should Hit hard until you reach 17+, stand on 17+ and hit soft 18 if the dealer has 10.
- Observe the values of the hands closely as these will determine your strategies. If the dealer holds 7+, play up until 17+. When the dealer holds 4, 5 or 6, double with 9 and play soft hands of 13-17. Double your 10 when the dealer holds 9 or lower and double any hand of 11.
- Never take the insurance on bets.
- Develop a pattern and vary your betting values based on your current results. If you are winning increase the bets and decrease them the minute you start to lose. As in Slots, this determines the length and quality of your game play and also increases your chance of winning more often.
- Remember that Card Counting in Blackjack is not as easy as it looks in the movies and will take years of practice to perfect, don't buy into cheap systems advertised on the internet either, more often than not they are scams! Rather stick to the above mentioned strategy tips to ensure you win more than you lose.